Tuesday, September 30, 2008

K is for Kitten

Today in the bushes of my front yard across the street, I heard a little meowing noise. It sounded like a cute little baby kitten, but it sounded hurt. I wanted to help it get out of the bushes because I had just heard a loud Bassett hound. I said, "Come here, kitty! Would you like some food? If you come out, I'll give you some food!" Then the meowing got louder and louder until I saw her coming out of the bushes. She looked SO sweet -- she was black with brown eyes. I told my dog to go get her, but she's easily distracted. And my cat was distracted too. Sabrina (the kitty's name) was so close to the road, and I saw a really fast truck coming, so I told her to GET BACK!
Then my Mama came outside and made me come in. I really hope that the kitty will come back sometime after fall break so I can spend some more time getting to know her.

No comments: